Saturday, January 13, 2018

My Very Hungry Caterpillar AR....A Fun App To Partner With Eric Carle's Books!

One of my favorite picture books is The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.  

I read it over and over again to my own children and to the students I had in the library too.  
Last week when I saw the above post on The World of Eric Carle's Facebook page, I was so excited...especially when I saw the word AR!  
The post shared My Very Hungry Caterpillar AR app.   I went straight to the link and downloaded it from iTunes onto my iPhone.  
I also went online to read a little more about My Very Hungry Caterpillar AR and loved what I found.
Look at all of the things are young readers can do with this beautiful and engaging app focusing on this all-time favorite....
Then I tried it out for myself.  
This app was so fun as it came alive through augmented reality in our kitchen. 
I especially loved when the Very Hungry Caterpillar showed up! 

Eric Carle has a couple more apps too! 
The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Play and Explore that is filled...
 with tons of fun through a pop-up book format...
 and the colorful illustrations of Eric Carle.
My Very Hungry Caterpillar lets children care for their own Very Hungry Caterpillar.
 I had so much fun trying this one....
out for myself. 
And Caterpillar Creative Play, which gives children a chance to create, color and become artists like Eric Carle too.  I haven't tried this one out yet, but can't wait to download it on our iPad. 

Thank you Mr. Carle for bringing some of our favorite picture books, characters and stories to us over the years.  And thank you now for bringing us these wonderful apps to enrich and extend your beautiful stories.  

No comments:

Post a Comment