Wednesday, August 14, 2013

They Loved It! Remind101 Was A Fun Success!

Today was the first day of school for our students at Van Meter.

I just love when they come into the library for the very first time each year.

We always find time during the first days to bring them into the library for a fun little gathering to talk about what we have available in the library, online, and how I can support their learning in many different ways.

One thing I wanted to tell them all about was Remind101!

A few weeks ago I wrote Connecting and Staying In Touch With Remind101 and Our School Community.  It covers what my plan for using Remind101 with our school would be this year.

I came prepared today for the visits from all of the secondary classes and it was super easy.  I went to the Remind101 site to the "Van Meter Secondary Library Voice" and printed the information the students would need from the right hand side.

It gives you this nice phone print out with the simple directions of "Enter this number" and "Text this message."

Next, I saved this image to make posters, bookmarks and little cards.  I open the image I saved, clicked copy, and selected that I wanted to copy four per page.  By making them smaller, the students can grab one while they are in the library or from the teacher (I gave all of them a short stack too).
I am very excited about getting so many signed up with Remind101 today....students and teachers. I can't wait to see what happens over the next few weeks.

Remind101 will definitely be a simple yet powerful digital tool to add to the way we connect within our school community.

No comments:

Post a Comment